Saturday, November 10, 2012

What A Crazy Month

The last month has definitely been a tough one for me. But, as always I have managed to endure to the end. Week after week I have been tested by the struggles of everyday life.

It started innocently enough the first week when my dryer quit working. Of course, it was 5 am when it decided to quit, and I had to be at work before 7 am. Thankfully my husband came to my rescue by going to buy me a new one. He managed to get me a replacement dryer before he left on a business trip later in the day. I was so tickled by his sweet gesture I forgot to ask him if he tested it to make sure it was working before he left on his business trip. When I got home from work I excitedly washed a load of clothes and then threw them in the dryer before I left the house to run an errand. I returned a short time later to discover the dryer was not working as it should.

I was a little frustrated that the dryer was not working, but I managed to work around it. Since I had to wait until my husband returned from his trip, I did the only sensible thing I could. Wash the clothes at home and hang the clothes up, or run to the laundry mat to dry them. Needless to say it was a fun week.

The next few weeks brought us two flat tires in one day, a kitchen sink that would not drain without being snaked out, and a furnace that was unusable due to leaking carbon monoxide. Now three weeks later, I have a temporary heating solution until our furnace can be installed, two new tires, and a renewed sense of gratitude for the little things in life. I am grateful that I have survived all of life's little tests.

And for every dark cloud that hangs over your head, there is a bright sunny day ahead. My sunny spot was when my mother was discharged from the rehabilitation facility and was able to go home. With continued physical therapy,alot of prayers and a little loving care from her family, my mother is well on her way to recovery.

No comments: