Friday, October 5, 2012

Couldn't Be Happier

Well, another week has come and gone and has taken two more pounds with it. I couldn't be happier knowing that my weight loss plan is working. And it has been fairly simple.

The hardest part of my weight loss plan has been resisting the urge to indulge in my favorite junk foods. I have had to make some very difficult decisions on foods to eat. A good example would be when I get a sweet tooth and I need something to quell that urge to devour an entire box of chocolates, I instead choose a small piece of chocolate like a York Peppermint pattie. It's sweet and satisfies my craving. But doesn't leave me feeling guilty because I consumed an entire days of worth of calories in one box of chocolates.

Another difficult food addiction I have is fast food like McDonalds, Burger King and Taco Bell. Every morning after I drop my kids off at school, I drive to the local Mcdonalds and get my usual coffee and breakfast. That was before my weight loss challenge. Now, I find it amazingly easy to avoid the high fat and calorie laden breakfast foods, served up with the overloaded coffee with a gallon of cream and half a pound of sugar. In fact I am able to not only still visit Mcdonalds, But I have found alternatives that are satisfying to me. My typical order now is a large plain iced tea and a fruit and yogurt parfait.Then when I get home i'll make oatmeal to go with my fruit and yogurt parfait. Or even a few pieces of turkey bacon and a serving of nutrigrain fiber rich waffles with a tablespoon or two of real maple syrup. It not only satisfies my hunger, but I feel as though I am winning against my fight to stay in control.

My desire to be in control of my own behavior is so strong right now. And isn't that what weight loss and healthy living is all about, your ability to take control of your eating habits and make the right choices to lead you down the path to a slimmer, healthier you.

Wishing everyone a very happy and healthy weekend. Get out and enjoy the beauty of fall......take a walk today, feel better tomorrow.

No comments: