Friday, September 14, 2012

Progress At Last

Well it's been just over a week since my mother had her accident where she broke her hip. She has had her surgery and has been transferred to a rehabilitation facility. I am not really thrilled with the facility itself, but I guess it's better than the alternatives.

It was frustrating for me after her surgery. At first my mother refused to get up and even attempt to walk. Her doctor wanted her to begin her rehabilitation the day after her surgery. Which meant that she would have to get out of bed and with the use of a walker, begin the journey back to walking. And she was just not willing to even try. But, after a agonizing week, she has finally begun her journey back to mobility. And I couldn't be happier about it.

It has been a fun week though. And after a week filled with challenges and frustrations, I am looking forward to spending a relaxing evening with my family. Tonight is my hometown's opening parade for the fall festival. And as always the festival kicks off with a parade of lights. It's always a highlight of the beginning of fall. And a really great way to enjoy some quality family time together.

Have a great weekend

No comments: