Friday, September 21, 2012

Harder Than It Seems

By now many of you know that I am absolutely addicted to wearing my pedometer and using it to track my weight loss progress. I have set some very ambitious goals for myself and I am determined to reach them.

So, as part of my goals I have chosen to strive for 15,000 steps a day. Now you wouldn't think that 15,000 would be difficult to reach let alone surpass. But, I am learning that reaching 10,000 a day is hard enough. You might be asking yourself why 15,000 when the average person only walks about 5,000 per day. Well it's really simple, if you want to see real results with your weight loss goals, you have to strive to push yourself farther than before. And for me right now, that means I have to get up and move. No more sitting on my rear end watching TV and stuffing my face with chips and ice cream. It's about making choices that are best for my health.

As crazy as it seems, I will continue to push myself farther each day until I reach my goal of 15, 000 steps a day. Who knows, maybe one day I will find myself pushing for 20,000 or 30,000. Really the only thing limiting me from reaching my goal is ME.


No comments: