Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Pain is Back

About a week before my thyroid surgery I paid a visit to see my orthopedic surgeon about a serious pain in my foot. I was told that it was either a stress fracture in my heel, or tendonitis in my heel. My instructions were to stay off my feet as much as possible so I could rest my foot.

So, for the last two weeks I have done just that. I have done everything in my power to stay off my feet as much as possible. And luckily the pain has subsided for the most part. Until yesterday when I made the decision to wear a dress with my "cute" sandals. And low and behold the pain has returned and with a vengeance. Now, here I am just four short days from my trip to Vegas and all my hopes of being able to wear my cute clothes has vanished. Since it looks like the only shoes I will be wearing are my tennis shoes that provide some relief from the pain.

Now, the fun can really begin since I need to shop for some clothes that will go well with sneakers. Guess I should have listened to my doctors advice and stuck with the shoes that won't hurt my feet. And since the pain has returned I guess I will have to pay another visit to see the doctor. Maybe we can finally find a solution to fix this problem once and for all.

Morale of the story......if your doctor tells you to wear only proper fitting shoes with good support, avoid the "cute" sandals. You can be cute once the cause of the pain has been fixed.

No comments: