Friday, August 3, 2012

On My Way To Fitness

A couple of months ago I made a purchase of an item that I had been wanting for a long time. It wasn't exactly a cheap buy, but I got what I wanted. I bought myself a pedometer. Now I am sure your saying to your self "what's the big deal, you bought a pedometer". Well, it's not just an ordinary pedometer. I bought myself a fitbit. And if I do say so myself, it was a great purchase. While it was a bit pricey at $99 dollars, I think it was worth every penny I invested.

I bought the fitbit ultra and it has some rather spectacular features to it. It not only tracks how many steps you take each day, it also tells you how many stairs you have walked up, how many calories you have burned, and it will also monitor the quality of your sleep. And if you choose to there is even a Smartphone app that allows you to input what your eating everyday. If you choose to use the food tracker it even compares your activity level readings from the pedometer against what you are eating. And gives you a reading of your calories in, versus calories out.

My new toy has become an obsession for me. I find myself checking it often to see if I am meeting my daily goals. And I have found that it is inspiring me to move more and sit less. Plus, I have discovered that the website has given me so much information related to my fitbit, that I hardly know where to start to process the information.

So, if your looking for a way to motivate yourself to move more, or maybe just a way to track your current activity levels, I highly recommend looking into getting yourself a fitbit. And if you do, I am sure that you'll be on your way to a fitter you in no time

No comments: