Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My Newest Addiction

Everyone has a favorite food that has become an addiction to them. You know what I am talking about. The foods that make your mouth water even when you just think about them. Well, I now officially have a new addiction.

My latest addiction is a twist on a summertime favorite, S'mores. Now I am sure that your thinking that S'mores are for kids. But, I have taken a classic and revamped it to suit my taste buds. I follow the usual design of graham crackers, and toasted marshmallows. But I substitute my favorite chocolate hazelnut butter for the chocolate bar. It gives me the right amount of chocolate and gooey marshmallow to satisfy my sweet tooth. And every time I eat one, it brings back pleasant memories of nights spent around the campfire at Girl Scout camp. Now who could resist a childhood favorite that gives you happy feelings? And what better way to unwind after a long day, than a soothing comfort food.

No comments: