Tuesday, July 31, 2012

TV Free Day

I have declared in my home that Wednesday, August 1, 2012 will be a TV free day in my house. I will brave the consequences and chance spending a day with my youngest children sans boob tube. You might be asking yourself what brought this on, and the answer is simple.......I have had enough of the kids sitting in front of the TV and fighting endlessly over what to watch. And no matter how many times I ask them to go play outside the answer is always NO.

So, I have committed myself to spending a day doing things that will remove them from the TV. I am busy planning a picnic lunch at the local park with time allotted for some constructed activities like a walk through the petting zoo. I am truly hoping that the chance to run and play in the wide open spaces of the park will help them to understand that there truly is a life without TV.

Wish me luck and patience.......I got the feeling I'm gonna need it!!!!

No comments: