Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Unhappy In Life

As you can tell by the title I am totally unhappy with my life right now. I have been burning the candle at both ends for far too long. And I have finally reached the end of my candle.....nothing left to burn. I am just physically and emotionally exhausted. And I feel as though I have nothing left to give.

Now the sad part is that it feels like a hopeless situation that will never end. I have no escape from the things that are burning me out. And as much as I hate to say it, my biggest drain is my family. Now don't get me wrong....I love my family to death and would do anything for them. But I need a serious time out for me. I have a strong desire in my heart to take a vacation alone. I was thinking about locking myself away in my room, but that won't work....they will still know where to find me.

Hopefully one of my readers will have a good suggestion for ways to combat mommy burnout. Cause I got it bad....and I need a cure and quick.

3 comments:

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

(((HUGS)))

Denise Lee said...

Even Mommies need a day off or a night out sans kids. Do you get in any "me" time?

I am a Mom of 3, 2 are grownups and one is a teenager. I got burned out a lot, but I was lucky to have a supportive family and could always leave the kids with Mom or a sister or an aunt for an hour, a day, a weekend - whatever I needed.

If that's not possible can hubby help you out by watching the kids for a couple of hours while you take some time to do something that you used to enjoy?

We don't have to be superwomen to be good mothers, this much I know. I sure hope this helps!

Beth said...

I'm not a mom, nor married, but all of my best friends are-they too talk about burnout and needing to get away. The solution? Exactly what Denise said. Even an hour of YOU time, whether it's a hot bath, a walk, or a drive works wonders. One of my friends started taking a cake decorating class-just to get out of the house-and she hated baking until the class! Try something new. If you have a friend who, like me, will watch the kids for a few hours, ask-I can bet she will. You can't do it all- no one can and don't think you have to. Not only will you suffer, but your kids will too.