Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy Birthday


That's right.....today is my Birthday. You would think that I would be happy about this. But as usual I am disappointed. I keep telling myself it is just another day. Well if it just another day.....why am I ticked off?

Well I was told last night I would getting breakfast in bed courtesy of my husband. So why did I get kicked out of bed this morning to take our son to school? And then I had to go help out my mother,( which I don't mind doing)because her car wouldn't start. So I got nominated to take my niece to school. This meant that I had to drive to the other side of town, pick them up, drive to the school some 5 miles away, then drive my mother to the service station, wait patiently while she arranged for a tow truck, then take her home. By the time I got home my youngest niece was awake, so I had to feed her breakfast. Never mind that my husband is still snoring away in bed.

So here I sit in my kitchen. I have already started cooking dinner for tonight, there are clothes in the washer and dryer, and the dishwasher is madly humming away, and my niece is happy and content with a full tummy. I suppose when the kids get home from school I might run away to the movies and catch an early show. Maybe even treat myself to dinner at Olive Garden since I have a gift card. Who knows what the rest of the day will bring. It can only get better.

Hope everyone has a truly blessed day.

10 comments:

Thinkinfyou said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Sadie said...

Happy birthday! I hope the rest of the day gets better. :)

Cashmere said...

Awww... I'm so sorry..
It's just that I think we all feel that we should be treated extra special or wishing for something special to happen even though we kinda disregard our own birthday. It is after all the only "YOU" day of the entire year.. I think that's why you felt something..

Nevertheless, Happy Birthday to you and I really hope things will turn out better :)

On The Verge said...

Hope your day got better. Happy Birthday!

Shinade said...

Happy Birthday!! i hope your day did get better!!:-)

Wanda said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sorry it started out bad but I do hope it got better as the day went on.
Take care!

BetterSpines said...

We are so cruel to ourselves! It's YOUR birthday - kick hubby out of bed to at least get you a cup of tea before you start your day. But no! Just leap up and get on with it. We are all the same; look after everyone else but not ourselves. Happy Day anyhow.

Brittany E. said...

Hey Girl,
Last week I couldn't get on your site for some weird reason, I try to do the tag ASAP. Just stopped by to say you won my little CD contest. Yay. So e-mail me your address at brittanyervin86@yahoo.com. And I’ll send it right out :)
Britt

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Hope you had a nice day!

Cacai_Nad said...

Belated Happy Birthday! I bet you have an awesome one. God bless u more..