Monday, January 5, 2009

What Will Break Next

This has been another fun week in my house. The house is falling apart and I am going with it, and it's only Tuesday.

In the last two days, I have had an entire kitchen cabinet start to fall off of the wall and my vacuum died today. The cabinet has started to seperate from the wall, and is dangerously close to falling off and hurting someone. And then today my son showed me that my vacuum is now broken. And of course my response was to hang my head and shake it in a form of disbelief. And I think I muttered the words " what next. What the heck is gonna go wrong next?"

So, I am of the mindset now, that it might just be a good idea for me to disappear. Find a deserted island that noone has ever heard of before, and stay there until my children grow up and move out. YA Right.....wishful thinking on my part. All I can say again is "Calgon Take Me Away" !!!!

6 comments:

PK said...

Wow...what a terrible way to start off the new year. Things come in threes, so watch out! Hope it doesn't come to that and I'll wish you 'good luck in 09', hopefully that'll help!!

PK

Cashmere said...

Must have been a rough time huh? Keep your chin up and don't give up.. :)

melissa said...

sounds like the story of my life. my kitchen cabinet broke...and hubby tried to fix it...oh help!! and my vacuum...doesn't pick up ANYTHING!! and...my garage door...
omg!!

Lola said...

The cabinet thing is an easy fix. You need 3 inch drywall screws, an electronic stud finder, a level and a cordless drill. Use the studfinder to find the studs, mark the wall with removable tape or pencil marks so you know where the studs are, slide the cabinet back to the wall, use the level to insure the cabinet is level, then drive some 3 inch drywall screws into the studs.

It's not hard. I ripped out my kitchen cabinets at my old house and installed newer cabinets by myself. If your husband can't/won't do it, you can do it.

doczoe said...

i can relate. except that my apartment is 2 months ahead of your house. ;-) the way i see it: better that it was my apartment than my health... or my car...

Mom's Cafe Home Cooking said...

It's that time of the year :( I can totally relate with our furnace deciding to act up. Don't worry all is fixable. The vacuum cleaner might just need a good cleaning or the hose is blocked a bit. I agree with Lola that the cabinet is an easy fix. Relax, make a hot cup of coffee and put your feet up. Things will get better :)