Thursday, January 8, 2009

Upset To The Core

Today was definately not a good day in my life. I have been sort of melancholy all day long today. And I think it all started last night with the conversation about my adopted daughters.

It has been a tiring day though. It got off to a bad start with a phone call from the school nurse at the high school. It seems that my oldest niece had a ear infection that she felt needed urgent attention. So, I had to call off of work so I could her to the hospital. And while I was driving her there her sister called and said she wanted to go home because she had a tummy ache. But I got lucky because I managed to talk her into staying at school. Then my freshly repaired laptop quit working. And all through the day I was somewhat depressed and all I wanted to do was hide. Which is what I am doing now.

That's right, I am hiding. In my own way I am virtually nonexistant tonight. I sit here in the living room of my house, with my mp3 playing my favorite music as loud as it will go, and I am tuned out. Not to worry the kids are in bed and my husband is chilling in front of the tv. And I am feeing really out of it, like I don't belong here. All I can think of is my girls, and where they are now. And how much I would love to wrap my arms around them, and talk to them.

Maybe one day it will come true, and I will get to meet my beautiful girls. In the meantime I guess I will just have to wait patiently and hold onto my dreams.

1 comment:

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

I feel bad for you and hope you will find a way to at least track down your girls. I don't know how they feel about your, but I'm sure at the very least, they are curious about you as well. Maybe they'll even come looking for you. It's quite possible. I hope your wish comes true one day!