Thursday, January 1, 2009

Planning A Romantic Getaway

My husband and I are in the process of planning a getaway for the two of us. It has been almost two years since we took the last real vacation alone. And we are long past due for some time alone. We were trying to brain storm ideas of really cheap vacations we could take. We do know that we want to go somewhere warm. A chance to get away from all the cold weather. But we can't seem to decide where we want to go.

We have come up with a few ideas though. And believe it or not for a minute we were leaning towards a weekend trip to New York. But then we decided we wanted to go somewhere warm. Some of the places we have come up with are Miami, Jacksonville,or Ft. Lauderdale. I must admit I am stuck because I used to live in Jacksonville and wouldn't mind returning for a visit. But I have never been to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale and would love to visit those places. But when I was looking at pricing for hotels and airfare I was shocked at how expensive the trip would be.

So, This is what I am gonna do. I am gonna take suggestions on places to visit from my readers. Just keep in mind that this is a short trip for us and we only have like 4 weeks before we want to leave. Or if you live in any of those cities and know how to make the trip affordable.....give me your suggestion.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

2 comments:

Cashmere said...

Oh.. I would love to go Miami..
Go for it if you have the chance for you might not have it again anytime soon.. ;P

jakill said...

if you can't go that far, why not snuggle up together in an RV. Plan an itinerary to see some places you'd like to visit but not too far from home. In your home on wheels you can save on hotel costs and keep the time flexible.