Friday, January 9, 2009

Once Again He SavesThe Day

Once again my cousin has saved the day. He not only is my cousin but he is my IT person. If I need it fixed I know I can count on him to help me out.

Well this year has not been a great year. Our laptop crashed earlier this year and it took us forever to save the money to purchase a new hard drive. Well we finally saved enough money to get the computer up and running. And he had it fixed in record time. I was so excited I almost wet myself. Because it means that I will no longer have to wait in line for a turn at the computer.

So, I drove down to where he works yesterday to pick it up. And like a kid with a new toy, I couldn't wait to get it connected to our network so I could surf the net. But as usual luck did not go my way. I did not have the password to connect it to the network and when I did get it, the computer quit working. That's right it quit working after putting in a new hard drive. I was both confused and angry all at the same time.

And it didn't take long for me to figure out what happened....Windows quit working. All I got was a message saying "unmountable boot volume." And no matter what I did it would not work. I got so frustrated I almost took a baseball bat to the darned thing. But common sense took over and I let it live through the night until I could talk to my cousin.

Of course it was not exactly an easy fix to the problem. He talked me through a few simple tasks at first. And when that did not work, he had to take out the big guns. Bless his heart he had to talk me through how to format the hard drive again. All I can say is Thank God it worked, because my next step was to kill it using a baseball bat.

Now I asked my cousin for a picture of him to add to my blog so I could do a proper posting to thank him. And being the great man he is h obliged me. He took this picture shortly after we fixed the laptop this morning and uploaded it to his computer. And this is what I got.

Click Here to See My Cousin Michael

3 comments:

Mom said...

He takes a great picture. The camera LOVES him.

carmel said...

hello! i was here! nice blog.

Kev said...

Well, that's the wonders of technology. It's supposed to make life easier for us. Instead, it causes us more headache and more money!!

:)