Saturday, January 17, 2009

Let The Fun Begin

At 214.5 pounds I am ready to embark on another weight loss journey. I joined a weight loss challenge at work today. There is some cash on the line, and I am determined to do better than last years challenge. I have 60 days from today to lose as much as possible.

Let me just say I was mortified today when I stepped on a scale and it said I weighed 214.5 pounds. The last time I weighed this much I was pregnant with my daughter. And here I thought I was doing well since my clothes were getting baggy on me. But I guess I was horribly wrong. Or the scale has something against me and was lying to make me feel fat.

So, now the fun can begin. The usual routine of avoiding foods and eating healthier. And just like last year my biggest downfall is the damn vending machine at work. It beckons to me whenever I am eating my lunch, and then laughs at me when I give in. Although I do find myself sitting on the other end of the break room with my back to the machine. That way the temptation is somehow minimized.

I am going to open up my mind as usual and ask for your help in my journey to a thinner me. So, calling all my fitness fans, give me your best weight loss tips. And I will find a way to work them into my day.

Wish me luck and pray for me to have strength against that damn evil vending machine.

5 comments:

Juliette Vestal said...

I wish you all the best on your weight loss journey. I have battled my weight all my life and am currently trying to drop 100 pounds in a year. I used to be really big and I am thankful that I am not that big now.

MAC said...

When I'm trying to loose weight I snack on chex mix and water. Believe me, with the water it will fill you up and it will also leave your body the next morning. Hope this helps.
Martha

Natural said...

wishing you the best. i'm a member of my fitness pal dot com. it's really helpful with tracking your calories - this is super important in the beginning - and the forum/members there are great.

Sage and Savvy said...

You should join the modern mom challenge or join tonight's twitter party. You'll "meet" and connect with lots of people who are also on a weight loss journey (including myself). Bottom line is I just need to get healthier, take better care of myself so I can take better care of my family.

MAC said...

I admire you for doing this. I've started so many diets and exercise programs over the last 40 years and now I just loose weight by working all the time. Stay away from my recipes. They are definitely not on your diet. Wishing you luck and success.
Martha