Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Too Tired To Enjoy The Holiday

Lately, between work and my home life I have been so tired. So tired in fact that the holiday just seems to have lost all meaning in my life. It doesn't seem to hold the same magic that it had when I was younger. It seems as though with every passing year the feelings get stronger. And I am wondering if I am the only one that feels this way?

Perhaps my vacation from work next week will help. But I don't think it will. I am in a deep funk and I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. And as much as I hate to admit it, I will be thrilled when the holidays are over with.

1 comment:

Tammy Lessick said...

I have an easy time getting into the Christmas spirit. I have two young children and they make everything seem new again. I took my youngest to a retirement home with her Girl Scouts to sing Christmas songs this year. My son is 9 and has Autism. He doesn't talk. This past year he started typing on the computer and now, for the first time, he was able to tell us what he wants for Christmas. Every year before, he was given mostly baby toys, because no one realized that he was extremely intelligent and had taught himself to read and do math. He didn't enjoy Christmas before because of that. This year will be great. He is so excited because he knows Santa will not be bringing him Baby Toys.