Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Time To Say Hello To A New Year

It is once again time to say hello to a new year. And good-bye to a year filled with many ups and downs. I must admit that I will be thrilled to see a new year come in. And I can not deny, that this year has been filled with an over abundance of tears and laughter.

Many families have their own traditions on how they welcome in the new year. Some attend lavish dinner parties with champagne toasts at midnight. And some go to clubs and dance til they drop. And others spend the evening at home with their loved ones. Well in my house we have our own tradition, my husband fires up the grill and we have B-BQ. And in Michigan it can be quite cold this time of year. And as usual I gave my husband my favorite speech. The " Knock yourself out, I will be in the house waiting on the food" speech. As of right now, the temperature outside is only 17 degrees. But the wind chill index says it feels like 9 degrees. Can you say BRRRRR boys and girls? Better him than me.

I hope that the new year brings more laughter and cheer than sorrow to each and every one of my readers.

Happy New Year to one and all

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Happy New Year! Husbands are sooo great...if they're good, that is. :-)

Cashmere said...

I had a DIY barbecue with my friends as well.. It was fun.. I hope you guys enjoyed yoursleves too.. :) Let's leave the past behind and embrace the new year.. Hope it'll be a better one. Happy New Year!