Sunday, December 28, 2008

More Than I can Handle

This week has been more than I can deal with. It seems like everyday in the last week something has gone wrong. And today was the last straw.

Let's see, last friday I lost my car keys in the snow at work. Saturday had 2 new keys made, paid the locksmith and then found my old keys. On Wednesday, a malfunction in the electrical system caused the power in my garage to stop working. Thursday we got stuck in a snow bank covered in ice and my father passed away. Friday had to put two new tires on our truck due to tread loss. And the creme de la creme, today I lost my cell phone in a Walmart store and my dryer decided it was tired of drying a ton of laundry each and every day and quit.

So now tomorrow I have to try and get a new phone and a new dryer. And we have an electrician coming to our house to fix our electrical system in our garage. And best of all I have to babysit my nieces while their apartment is being painted. And that I got nominated because my mothers house has no heat due to a power outage.

I am pleading with someone, anyone to put me out of my misery. Send me on a vacation or just hijack me and take me somewhere else. Perhaps I could be kidnapped by aliens before tomorrow. Wouldn't that be heavenly. Or I could repeat the phrase " Calgon Take Me Away" until I disappear or my children vanish......which ever comes first.

3 comments:

jakill said...

Hang in there. It will all be over soon. I'm sending you some calming vibes.

CyberCelt said...

I am sorry for your loss and misfortune.

Put your extra keys somewhere on the car where you can find them.

Check the breakers for the lights in your garage. When you flip them off and on, they should "click." If one does not "click", replace it. Also, the dryer and the electrical problem could be related.

Visit here and spend 2 minutes for your mental health.
http://life.gaiam.com/gaiam/p/2MinuteStressEscapeGuidedRelaxationwithDrJamesRouse.html

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

Wow, you really have a streak going here, don't you? Sounds like enough already. I was fortunate, just thought I lost my cell phone when actually I forgot to bring it with me. Sorry about your dad, my condolences. Hopefully this year will be better and everything will get back to normal for you soon.