Saturday, November 8, 2008

Packed House Again

For the first time in months, my house is overflowing with kids. I kinda don't mind this in the warmer months of the year. But, this time it is cold and rainy outside. And we all know what that means.....stuck in the house. The kids will not be going outside to play. Oh what a joy it is. There is nothing like having 8 kids stuck in a house. I can once again picture kids swinging from ceiling fans and in one word, basically destroying my house.

I reminded my husband last night after he returned home with all the kids, about how indifferent I was about having all the kids in my house. He was of course confused at first. But, then I reminded him of my obligation to work today. To which he replied " You mean I am here all by myself with all these kids? " To which I said " Yup, it's finally payback time for you. Payback for all the times you brought the kids home and dumped them on me. So enjoy the day with your nieces and nephews. "

I only hope that my house is as nice and neat when I return home tonight, as it is now. We have put a lot of hours in lately to really cleaning house. And while it is not perfect.... It still looks a heck of a lot better than it did. But, one thing is for sure, I am not cleaning any messes up tonight. That job will belong to the man who brought the kids into our home, my beloved husband.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I understand the packed house. I have 4 kids, and 3 stepkids. I homeschool, and every so often my husband announces triumphantly, "I'm picking up the kids a day early this time!"

Uh. Then you have to work all day Friday, and we miss a day of schoolwork, and the kids are stuck here with me waiting for you to get home from work, and I have to be the chief mediator for the day? I'm supposed to be happy about this.

No. the house does not stay neat. Especially with a man in charge. Even a babysitter can't beat back the filth that 7 kids can spread. Once I had to come home from work and clean the dog poop off the floor becuase the step-dog was having issues with the new living arrangements (we were recently married) and the baby sitter refused to clean it up. I couldn't fire her, as she was all I could afford, and it was only for the summer until school started, and only for a few weeks while the step kids were here. It was terrible.

I hope things worked out for you. I feel your pain, sister!

MAC said...

I don't know how you do it! I had 3 and thought that was hard. You have 7! I really would love for you to enter my contest for a chance to win a copy of my cookbook Stir, Laugh, Repeat. Go to my blog http://stirlaughrepeat.blogspot.com
On the left you will see the word "Contest" with Stir, Laugh, Repeat under it. Click there and leave a funny cooking story. With that many kids I'm sure you have at least 30 or 40.
God Bless You and give you STRENGTH
Martha

B Boys Mom said...

I only have 4 kid's in my house and last weekend they were stuck in the house and did nothing but fight with each other. By Sunday night I thought I was going crazy with all of it!!!! I sure hope you house makes it!!!!