Thursday, November 20, 2008

Home Sick


Today I am home sick from work. I have been struggling for a few weeks now. It started out innocently enough. Just burning eyes and nose, sneezing and a nose that had a river running out of it. Now, I am hacking up the icky stuff. The kind of stuff that makes mom's say EWWWW. And it feels like it will never end.

So, hopefully today, after dropping my husband and son off at work, I might be able to get some much needed sleep. And since the kids have 1/2 days at school today, and I don't have to take the younger kids to the sitters. I might be able to finally get more than just a few hours of sleep. And that right now is what I need so badly......sleep. And sleep is the great healer. It allows your body to renew itself. You wake up feeling refreshed and ready to take on the world. But, when you don't get enough sleep, you suffer and your body begins to suffer. That is why doctors always tell you to get plenty of sleep when you are sick. Because that is when your body is able to repair itself.

For all the moms who are feeling just plain icky today, take the day off for your health. Stay in bed, put your favorite movie in the DVD player, and just rest. You need your rest now more than ever. Lets not forget that cold and flu season is upon us, and soon enough we will be wiping runny noses, and soothing our sick husbands and children. So, I am declaring that today is take care of MOM day.

3 comments:

Zen Ventures said...

I hope you're feeling better. I have been sick for the past few days too and it's not fun. Get well! Stopping by via EC drop - come say hello sometimes :)

Whateverebay said...

I feel blah today. In fact, I have been fighting this cold. It just wont go away. Hope you get better. I have two small kids and no time to cuddle in bed with a good movie. Maybe, I will have them run outside get a workout and they might join me? :)

Mrs4444 said...

Oh, how I wish I could take your advice! A cold just hit me like a Mack truck tonight! Can't do it (my students would tear up a sub!) Gonna have to hang on to the weekend... :)

thanks for dropping on my blog :)