Thursday, October 9, 2008

It Takes Courage

I have had a few responses to my post about going cold turkey. One person asked me to post about how I have lost the inches and pounds. Really there is no secret to it. Like I said before, I gave up on eating garbage. And as a result of this action, I am reaping the rewards. And the reward is that my clothes fit better, and I feel so much better physically.

Another person wrote in and said that she did not have the courage to go cold turkey. And all I can say is that it takes courage to make the change. If you don't man up and say enough is enough, and take that first step, then you will never know what it feels like to be successful. I had to make a difficult decision. I could choose to continue poisoning my body with garbage, and sit back and watch my body steadily deteriorate. Or I could take a chance that what I had been reading was right. That if I made the changes quickly and didn't look back, that I would begin to feel so much better. And for me personally, I made the right decision. But, this decision is not for everyone. You have to find the thing that works for you. And once you make that change, don't ever look back. For that is where we begin to fall back into the old habits that got us here in the first place.

No comments: