Friday, October 3, 2008

Forgot To Mention

In my post last night about going cold turkey, I forgot to mention one huge thing. Don't go cold turkey from coffee and pop unless you are prepared for some heavy withdrawals. I got horrible headaches for 3 days. And that is only because the toxic effects caffeine has on your brain are fading. But, it is a manageable thing. I still have a glass or two of tea everyday. Now I know some people don't like the taste of tea. This is an easy fix. Try adding some lemon or honey to it.

I have to keep reminding myself that this is a lifestyle change, and not a DIET!! This is key folks, because as we all know diets don't work long term. Lifestyle changes do work though.

3 comments:

Pink & Green Mama said...

Thanks for visiting my site and reviewing it. I enjoyed reading your posts, it sounds like a fun and loving life with a house full of so many great kids! I get awful headaches when I skip caffeine and so does my hubby! You are so right.

Keely said...

Wow, you're a brave person. I don't think I could cut any of those things out completely...I just try to cut them DOWN.

Kgraham said...

Ok - you are inspiring me... I've been talking about giving up my soda - Mt. Dew (super high in caffeine and sugar) and I am truly psychologically addicted to the stuff!! I am going to try once again though - see if I can fit back into those hard to button pants!!