Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Date For Mom And Dad

Tonight my husband and I took the opportunity to take some time out for ourselves. It was date night for us. A rare thing for us lately. It seems as if we are always working our rear ends off day in and day out. And never are able to find the time for each other. Those precious moments when we can sneak away from the kids for a few hours. And spend some much needed quiet time. Of course the kids don't understand how important it is for us to have that time alone. They responded that all we have to do is to go into the bedroom, and lock the door. But little do they know that it doesn't work that way. Staying home never works out the way you plan. There is always something that needs to be done. And your personal time always gets put on the back burner.

I can't wait until the next time that we have a date night. Maybe I can convince my husband to get a hotel room for one night. Maybe we could even go dancing. Or just find a place to be an adult and just hang out. But until then, I must find other opportunities to just steal some quiet time for my husband and I.

3 comments:

Geezees Canvas Word and Photo Art said...

i know what you mean...it is the rare date night out, in a hotel, sleeping in late....no kids, that is the best present my mom gives me 1 or 2 times a year!
PRICELESS!

Michelle said...

I know how you feel. I so cherish the nights we have a babysitter and get away for just a while. I wish there were more times like these.

Mandi said...

Glad to see you took my advice ;-) Date night is the best - enjoy!