Sunday, September 7, 2008

When It Rains.......It Pours

This once again has been an interesting week in my house. We sprang a leak in our hallway bathroom. It looks like we are gonna have to replace the vanity, the wall, the floor, and some carpeting in the hallway and an adjoining bedroom.

We of course tried to trouble shoot the problem, but we couldn't find the source of the leak. So we called our home warranty company. In the meantime we had to pack the area with towels and make sure we shut the water off before retiring at night. This stopped the flow of water into our bathroom. But naturally the leak resumed as soon as you turned on the water again for showering, brushing teeth, washing laundry or dishes and so forth. I had to call off of work today to wait for the plumber to come. He was only here 15 minutes and told me he couldn't fix it. It is not a plumbing issue at all. It is an a/c issue. We sprang a leak in a pipe or something leading into the cooling controls in the furnace. We still are not sure where exactly the leak is at. But, it does seem to be coming from the rear of the unit. Which of course is the other side of the wall from the bathroom. So that explains the river running through our bathroom.

So now I have to take off of work again tomorrow to wait for an a/c repairman. How fun!!! Another day spent at home waiting with the kids. Only to have the kids drive the repairman crazy with questions when they do arrive. And then I also piss the boss man off because I am not able to get to work. Oh well, that's the way the ball bounces. Gotta take it as it comes.

It can only get better from here. I keep wondering what the next thing is that is gonna break down. With any luck I will hit the lottery and be able to hire a handyman to have on call 24/7. Wouldn't that be nice? I think I would rather have a cabana boy to serve me drinks by the pool.

2 comments:

Keely said...

Winning the lottery is Plan "A" around our house...

Ane Fallarme said...

Wow, 7 children huh?! I thought I had a handful and I only have 2 children, a 6 year old daughter and a 6 month old son... and on top of all that you have a job... I salute you! I'll be looking for more updates... c", check me out if you have time, i'll appreciate it! c",