Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Not So Graceful Anymore

I came to the realization last night that I am no longer as graceful as a swan. And that I am still as clumsy as ever.

It was about 2:30 in the morning,and my son had just finished mopping the kitchen floor. I waited about 20 minutes to give the floor time to dry. With the kitchen lights turned off I ventured into the kitchen to throw something into the garbage can. And that's when it hit me. Or should I say I hit it. the floor was dry for the most part. But, I naturally found the one spot on the floor that still had water on it. And I proceeded fall. Now, I of course could not just fall onto the floor. Being the graceful swan that I am, I first fell into the kitchen table and hit my chest on the table. Then I landed onto the floor flat on my back. BAM!!! All I managed to say was "SON OF A ***CH". My husband walked into the kitchen to see me sprawled out on the floor moaning and saying "OH S**T".

After picking myself up and walking back to my bedroom. I just knew that I was gonna be in a lot of pain today. And true to form my ankle hurt from twisting it, my other leg is bruised in the worst way, and my chest is sporting one heck of a bruise.

So, lessons learned were as follows: 1. Turn on kitchen lights before walking into the kitchen. 2. Make sure the floor is dry before walking on it. And 3. Make sure if you do fall that you fall as gently as possible.

3 comments:

Kelly B said...

I hear ya! I am so clumsy, but it runs in the family on my mom's side. ALL of us walk into things constantly. It's as if the doorway is only 2 feet wide because we all smack into the corners and then frown like it just moved or something. :D

~Kelly
http://www.30somethingandsearching.today.com/

owensmomma said...

Oh man, I can't even begin to tell you how many things i've walked into or how many times i've tripped over the invisible line on the floor.

http://www.momwifesuperhero.com

Sandi said...

From one klutz to another, good luck with changing your behavior. I say the same thing and time goes by and BAM! do it again.