Saturday, August 16, 2008

I Want To Kill The Child

Heaven help me, give me the strength not to kill my nephew. My youngest nephew that is visiting with me.

He has been getting on my nerves since day one. He is only 10 yrs old. He back talks me, disrespects me, disobeys me, and then tonight he balled up his fists and threatened to hit me. I spoke to his mother tonight and told her that he is not allowed in my home anymore unless she stays with him. And he only behaved this way because he knows my husband is away. But even though he is not at home I have kept in touch with him. He is aware of some of the issues, though I have not told him yet that he threatened to hit me.

When it happened I was so close to stuffing my fist down his throat. But, thank God I walked away before I did. I don't believe in hitting children. But, I will not stand by and allow a child to hit on me and do nothing either. I know I would have done serious damage to him if I hadn't walked away. His mother is coming to get him in a few days, but that is not soon enough. I guess I will have to bite my tongue and pray a lot over the next few days.

Lord Give Me The Strength To Not Kill The Child.

9 comments:

Mekhismom said...

I am so sorry that you are dealing with this. It is always difficult dealing with other people's children. I know this is your nephew but he clearly has some behavior problems.

Kat Olivares said...

I think difficult children are also looking for authority figures they can trust, and still be firm yet fair with them.

So hold your ground but be fair. He'll learn to respect you if he gets that he won't get away with violence or foolishness with you.

Good luck. I'm sending you calming vibes...

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

That is something you should not have to deal with. I know it's very hard to control your temper when a little bratty kid is disrespecting you. Best not to touch him if you're upset.

Anna said...

I feel your pain! I have two 10-year-old nephews and they are brats, too! I don't know how you're doing it, but hang in there and be strong!

5erg said...

This must be fun :)

Just Reni said...

I laughed when I saw this, but I feel your pain too. When your sister gets there, you two need to have a long talk. If she dosent get a handle on him soon, it is only going to get worse. Over here in my household, we are taught to start discipline early. Be loving but firm. The child must know from an early start what is and isn't acceptable. At 10 years of age, I think its too late for spankings or time out. Prayer...I know can help. There also seems to be an underlying problem there.

Mrs. Laughing Pants said...

Kids can be challenging at times. You've to try not to get into their bad energy. Sometimes they behave bad when they are going through stressful times themselves. They're not aware of the damage they do at times. Find a quiet time to find out what is bothering him and see if he will talk with you. Tell him you're his friend but you don't appreciate his behavior towards you. I've dealt with kids all my life and I can relate to what you're going through with your nephew. Don't give up on him give him another chance to turn around. Cheers!

JeanGrey said...

Hold your temper dude! Godbless!

TheBoBo said...

Been there! LOL!