Friday, August 15, 2008

He Gets A Break....Now When Do I Get Mine

My husband is going away with some friends this weekend. Kind of a camping trip. He is happy to be going. And I am happy he is going. It seems like lately he has been getting on my last nerve. I love my husband so much. But some days he just gets under my skin. But, I suppose that happens to all married couples at one time or other.

The worst part of him going away is, I AM STUCK WITH THE KIDS!!! Not that I expected anything different. My world does revolve around the kids after all. And I do suppose that I am like every other woman in the world, I feel unappreciated. It's like my needs come last. The pecking order seems to go like this: My husband, my oldest son, my nieces, my nephew, my other two kids,and bringing up the rear is MOM. Now don't get me wrong, I support my husbands need to get away from the job and kids. He is a hard working man and a loving dad. But, in my dream world, He kisses me and gives me a plane ticket and a ticket for a cruise, and sends me on my merry way. And allows me to enjoy some peace and quiet also. But then the fantasy ends and I am sitting in my living room with screaming kids all around as I say " Calgon Take Me Away!!"

2 comments:

Sassy Mama Bear said...

You know I think that this is a major complaint that moms have. sometimes our men don't realize how much a break would do for us, so we have to ask. start small though, a couple hours to go relax at a coffee shop and work up from there.

~/~ELIA~\~ said...

This is a great blog, interesting content. I love the layout. Come visit my blog sometime at: http://eliaszionswatchman.blogspot.com.