Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Still Struggling In The Weight Game

Everyday I find it harder and harder to stay afloat in the weight loss game. I am making a little progress though. But, I still have my downfalls.

One of my biggest weaknesses is sweets. I haven't figured out how to beat that demon yet. I am so addicted to it, that I find myself making excuses to justify eating it. I find myself standing in front of the vending machine in the break room, struggling to decide which piece of junk food to eat. Should it be the M&M's or the snickers, or even better yet, the Oreo cookies. Normally it's the M&M's, my favorite. And I think the biggest reason I eat it is out of either boredom, or I am reaching for a comfort food. And chocolate has always been a favorite comfort food.

At least this week I have only indulged in 1 mini bag of popcorn. Another favorite of mine. Especially when I go to the movies. And in that case it is definitely mindless munching. Which as I already have figured out is a dangerous thing for me. I wish there was a way when I am at work to substitute for that strong desire to eat.

And of course, the kids and my husband don't help. The kids remind me everyday that I look as though I am 10 months pregnant. And then they beg me to make them a cake or cookies. Or my absolute favorite, my husband brings a bag of chips to bed with him every night. He eats in his sleep. I have never seen anything like it. Imagine the temptation to eat chips while in bed. The smell of then teasing your tastebuds. Hmmm...can you say tasty. I am hungry already.

Brownies anyone????

No comments: