Thursday, July 31, 2008

Glad My MRI Is Done

So the MRI is done. All I can say is THANK GOD!!! I am so glad I am not claustrophobic. I did start to feel a little nauseous. I closed my eyes at first, and after what felt like an eternity I opened them. And discovered the reason why a person who is claustrophobic would not be able to do an MRI. The machine is literally a few inches from your face. They strap you onto the bed and tell you that you can't move. Then they put a sandbag onto my hand to hold my arm still. Damn if it didn't make it hurt worse. They said it takes 25 minutes for the test to complete. It seemed like it took forever. I told the technicians when they were done that the noise sounded like a bad sci-fi soundtrack. And the table even vibrates at one point in the test. And I even got to wear a pair of ultra cool foam ear plugs to boot.

We get to go and get our other children tomorrow night. They are about 3 hours north of my house. So, I am glad that gas prices have dropped. It will be nice to have everyone home again. But, after spending a month with their mother, it will be interesting to see how much their behavior has changed. I am dreading having to fight to change bad behavior.

Can't wait to kiss my babies again and tuck them into bed. Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Karen Zemek, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

I never had an MRI done but if I do, I think I'll keep my eyes closed and try to sleep. Nice of them to give you ear plugs! Hope all turns out all right for you.