Friday, July 4, 2008

A Day Spent Cutting Up 2


A few days ago, a woman that I work with suggested that we bring the kids down to visit her. Sandrose wanted to take us to a dairy and to the firehouse where she volunteers. We agreed that it would be a wonderful opportunity to get out of the house and have fun. So, off we went.

We went to the dairy first. Where the kids got a chance to see some livestock up close. The kids laughed and had a good time. Although the smell were familiar to me and my husband. It took some convincing to get the kids to understand that a farm is supposed to smell like that. Of course it was a new experience for me when my friend stuck my thumb into a calf's mouth and let it suck my thumb. I laughed so hard I almost peed myself.

Then off to the firehouse we went. Where Sandrose showed us different features of the trucks. Then let us try on her gear. I couldn't control my laughter when my husband put on her helmet and coat. He's 6'5" and she is about 5'9". He looked like he was playing dress up with baby clothes.

We finished off the day with ice cream. And of course everyone was so tired they fell asleep in the car on the way home. I enjoyed myself. And I enjoyed watching the kids have fun. A big thank you to Sandrose for letting the kids play with her gear and taking us out of the city and into the country even if it was just for a hour or two.

Today is the 4th of July. I get a day off from cooking in the kitchen. We have a bar b que and a birthday party to go to today. And then tonight it is our annual pilgrimage to a park in our community to watch the fireworks. That tradition started 6 years ago when my husband and I were dating. We sat under the fireworks and kissed. It was so romantic. Now when we go it's not so much about kissing as it is about chasing after kids. But we still manage to sneak in a kiss or two here and there.

Enjoy your holiday today. Enjoy spending time with your family today. And laugh like you have never laughed before.

4 comments:

Jean9 said...

Sounds like a fun time in the country...I was raised on a farm and now live in a city...I always enjoying going to the country its so peaceful. I wish you a happy safe 4th of July.

Aroma Fields said...

What a wonderful family you have! I applaud you!

carolyn said...

I enjoyed your blog, I have 5 daughters myself. Most are grown.
God Bless
Carolyn

Elisa said...

Sweet!!!

Love this post!

and LOVE YOUR BLOG!

thanks!