Monday, June 23, 2008

A Day With Mom

I recently took my sons to a museum. My nephew and my youngest son had never been to this particular museum. I took them to a Museum of Natural History. I stood and watched my babys face as he walked up to a model of a dinosaur. He was so unsure of whether it was alive or not. It took some coaxing to get him close enough to get the one picture. But I think my baby boy had the most fun out of all the boys.




He was so happy to just be spending time with mom. It seems that even on my days off I am always running in circles trying to get things done. And I don't always get to spend the time I would like with my kids. So, after the museum it was a short walk to the corner store to get some ice cream. We were at the union square on the campus of a big ten university. So, we sat on a park bench, enjoyed the ice cream and relaxed. My two older boys sat and watched the college girls walk by. Now that is what they enjoyed more than the museum. I was just happy to spend quiet time with my boys.


Lesson for today: Slow down and take the time to spend time with your kids.




1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

i couldnt agree more with the lesson. i am now more pro-active in managing my schedule and spending time with the kids. i love your blog! very refreshing for a mom like me..