Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Today is the day that we give Dad all the credit he deserves. He works hard all year long. So, he deserves a day all his own.

I never really go to know my father as a child. My parents split up when I was 8 yrs old. And I have spent the rest of my life looking for a person to fill the void left in my heart by his absence. I have not spoken to my father in almost 10 yrs now. Not that I don't want to. I would so love to speak to him. But, I am afraid that all the hurt and emotional strife would come pouring out.

So, to all the dads out there. I pray that you remain an active part of your children's lives. Stay close to them. And always strive to play a key role in their life. Children today, more than ever need the guidance of their fathers.

For my husband. I couldn't ask for a better Father for my children. I watch in amazement as they run to you for comfort when they are scared. Or just want to cuddle up to Dad to fall asleep. Or the joy on your face as you watch them play at the playground. Or, for all the times that you have to be the disciplinarian to the older children. And you try hard to guide them down the right path, and steer them from going astray. You have a hard job. I Love You and I am so happy to have you working beside me day in and day out. Because, without you I could not get many things accomplished. Thank you for all you do.

Fire up the grill Dad, maybe go play some golf. Or just stay home and let the children cater to you today. For today is your day. You deserve it.

We Love You DAD!!!!!

2 comments:

MONTERINES WORLD said...

Hi friend... I am from India. Your blog looks pretty cool and nice. I am interested to share my link with you. Are you interested my friend? Please visit my “Reveal of the unknown” blog frequently and keep in touch there!!!! In that blog we will share our views about some unknown and unrevealed matters. I hope you will accept my request. If you are interested, then please comment in my blog. Thank you!!!!

eally said...

Hi! What a sweet post about fathers! I enjoyed reading through your archives. I have 6 kids myself...his, mine and ours (blended family.) Is that what your family is - blended? I ask because I noticed where you said you've only been married less than 2 years. Looking forward to following along with your blog....God bless.