Monday, May 19, 2008

The Week In Review

The last week has flown by once again. I suppose that has something to do with the fact that I worked every bloody day for a week. But it was an enjoyable week as usual. I can not believe that we are almost to the end of the month already.

I suppose the best part of my week was the weekly progress reports the kids brought home friday from school. I am pleasantly pleased to see all of the A's and B's. Still one or two D's and E's. But considering what kind of grades they got last year, it's a huge improvement. Last year my oldest niece brought home all E's. She skipped school more than she attended. And despite the fact that she had a baby 4 months ago, she is still bringing home more A's and B's than ever. I would like to think that they are doing so well, because they are in an enviroment where school is important, and we care about what they are doing. But I also believe that they are beginning to realize how important it is to excel in school.

Then there was Mother's Day. It got off to an intersting start. My husband actually got out of bed very early on a Sunday morning and made me breakfast. I was so tickled pink by it that I didn't even care what was on the plate in front of me. I do have to admit that he tries hard, but unfortunately we have different tastes in food. He made me sausage, bacon, hash browns, toast, grits and eggs. Now the sausage was burnt so bad I could have used them as hockey pucks. And the hash browns were burnt to the point they were bone dry. And as usual he cooked the eggs in the sausage grease. Now did I complain..... No, I couldn't. I just asked for some salt and some butter and went to work eating my breakfast. I ate what I could, and politely said I was full. And kissed my husband and reminded him that it was time to get ready for work. I can't wait for Father's Day so I can treat him to a wonderful breakfast my style. My idea of the perfect breakfast is: Sausage, bacon, eggs, french toast or pancakes and fresh fruit. Served up with a glass of juice and some coffee.

And for the topper on my week........ my daughter returned from her trip to Atlanta with her Godmother. How nice it was to come home after work, and be greeted at the door by my giggling daughter. She missed her brother so much. She hugged him, kissed him then punched him for taking her toy. The rest of the evening they fought over toys, drinks, and what to watch on tv. How nice it is to have them together again. Look for some pictures to come of my daughter.

Hope everyone has a GREAT Day!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Petula Wright said...

LOL! The breakfast sounds great! Hey, your daughter could have visited me. I'm in Jonesboro, which is only about 20 minutes from the ATL.

TroubleX2 said...

You got breakfast! I am so JEALOUS!!! My hubby let me sleep late and washed my car for me :) Men are sweet when they want to be.