This has been a very rough week for me personally. In the last two days, I have stood by and watch my marriage teeter on the edge of ending. And then recovering and returning to a state of peace. And then dealing with the stress that comes with a phone call from my sister-in-law saying she wants to sue us for her share of her mothers estate. And she wants to petition the court for her children back.
My marriage almost ending was the worst of the two. I can't even discuss all the details because it's just too painful. But, the hardest part was having to go into work, and try to find a way to maintain my self composure so I could function. It's hard enough when you have had a bad day to focus on the customer service aspect of the job, but hell now I have to shut off the constant thoughts running through my head of my marriage ending, and try to keep from breaking down crying. We made some progress last night, by actually sitting down and talking. Or should I say yelling then talking. It was terrifying for awhile though. And the tension in the house was so thick you couldn't cut it with the sharpest of knives. We still have some work to do. But, at least we are not yelling and screaming.
Now for my sister-in-law, first her decision to sue us for half her of her mothers' estate. When her mother passed almost 2 years ago, my husband was the most responsible one in the family. So he picked up the responsibility of taking care of the estate. Now, unfortunately he inheritited more debt than money. And we have had to let the two homes that she owned go into a state fo foreclosure because we could not maintain all that financially. Well, my sister-in-law is convinced that we withheld money from her, and she wants her share. When we found out she wanted to sue, my husband told her why bother, if you want the property so bad you can have it. HE said he didn't want the headache anymore. And I could not agree more. So, now all we can do is sit back and wait since the ball is in her court to make a decision as to what she wants to do.
And like I said, she also said she wants the kids back. Now, I don't object to that. They should have been with their mother all along. But we are gonna do it the legal way. She has to petition the court, and let the judge decide what should happen. I am fully willing to go along with the wishes of the kids and the order of the court. Although it would be a sad day for me to let them all go because I have become somewhat attached to them. But at least I would have quiet in my house again. And if she is able to get her children back, I wish her well. I know how difficult it is to raise that many kids.