Sunday, May 4, 2008

I hate being sick

Yep, that's right I am home sick today. I am locked in my bedroom with the shades pulled down, the dvd player is running my favorite movie, the kids are quiet, ( that's a miracle in itself), And I am about to drift off to sleep.

I went to a walk-in clinic today, to get some medication for this unforgiving cold. But the doctor said it's not an infection like I thought. It's allergies. I forgot that it is allergy season. So, he wrote me out a script for some Allegra D. YEA!! I couldn't wait to take it. I can feel a difference already.

Yesterday was fun. I said that we had extra kids. Well I got the bright idea to take all of the kids to McDonalds for lunch. OH BOY!!! What fun. We went out to the play area to let the kids run. And boy did they run. I could feel the stares of other families as I struggled to keep all 6 of the younger children from running wild through the restaurant. I even laughed hysterically as I watched my 18 yr old son play with the kids in the play tunnels. It reminded me of the Tom Hanks movie BIG. Where he becomes a 12 yr old boy trapped in a mans body. Same thing. The other parents really had reason to stare at me then. I can only imagine that they were thinking that all of the kids belonged to me. Sometimes I want to wear a sign that says only 7 children belong to me, NOT all 12 kids are mine.

Well, it is nap time for me. I can barely keep my eyes open right now. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

1 comment:

TroubleX2 said...

Ugh! Nothing like being slammed with allergies to make a person feel like crap :( I hate them!

Have a great and allergy free day!
Tia