Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sweet 16

Today is my niece's birthday. Happy Birthday to the big "D". It surely doesn't seem like she is 16. Where is time going? She is really wanting to be independant. She now wants a job. What a great idea. I never would have thought of that.

I was thinking it would have been nice if I could have stayed home from work today to spend the day with her. But I had to do some mandatory training for my job today. Couldn't miss it. So, I guess I will have to take some time out this weekend to take her out and treat her like royalty. I was picking my brain trying to figure out what to do and I came up with was something every girl loves. A manicure and a pedicure maybe even a massage. Hmmm, what I wouldn't do for those things. But this is not about me, it's about connecting with the children and making them feel special. And isn't that what everyone wants, to feel special and loved.

It's almost time to go home and sit down and enjoy some cake and ice cream. Yummy, I can't wait. My favorite thing to eat before bed..........lots and lots of sugar. Yes, no sleep again tonight, I will be too wired up with sugar. Not to mention getting the kids hyped up. Good luck getting anyone to sleep tonight.

Until The Next Time, Remember Any Day Above Ground.......Is A Good Day

No comments: