Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Supermom On Strike!!!!!!

Supermoms of America unite now. It is time to raise up our arms and fight the oppression that our families bring on us. That's right, I am on strike. I can take no more!!!

Once again my children have pushed me to the brink of a meltdown. I will not be pushed any further. The children have neglected their responsibilities to the point that my home looks like a disaster area. The mess has spread beyond the bedrooms and into the rest of the house. The laundry pile is bigger than ever, and my responsibilities grows everyday. I am so tired of working 8 or more hours everyday at my fulltime job outside the home only to go home to more work. The food needs to be cooked for the next day, the laundry needs to be done, and my house needs to be cleaned up. And guess who gets to do it.......ME!!! And I am sorry to say but this is also directed at my husband who I love dearly, but has a warped sense of responsibility. His idea of work is to get someone else to do it. And my oldest son who likes to hide in his room all day long and only comes out when I bellow at the top of my lungs, is also on the receiving end of this outrageous release of anger. I feel like a volcano that is about to spew it's hot, molten lava on the village below.

So, until some changes are made and implemented I am on strike. I refuse to do anything that I don't absolutely have to do. No more than 2 loads of laundry a day, and I will only cook 3 days a week. The rest of the work will have to be picked up by someone else or it just won't get done. Now I know that doesn't sound like a strike, but believe me it is. I do hope that things change really soon, because I don't think I can continue much longer at this pace. After all you can only drive a car for so long at 100 m.p.h. before the engine gives out. And my engine is sputtering.

No comments: