Wednesday, April 9, 2008

PMS And 7 Kids

How does one survive having PMS and yet live in a house with 7 kids? It's bad enough in our house when one female is suffering with PMS. But now all three ladies of the house seem to be on the same clock. For two weeks a month the tension in my house is almost unbearable.

Well this week is my week to be crazy. And I am dealing with issues with my 16 yr old niece and her daughter. My niece is suddenly having an attack of brain farts. She wants to pretend that other things are more important than her daughter. So, tonight my husband and I need to sit down and have a talk with her about her responsibilities. It seems as though she is under the impression that I am the one taking care of her daughter. And I beg to differ, I have done my time with babies. I am no longer going to be making bottles because she didn't feel like it. Or even retrieve items that she forgot at the baby sitters. I know she is only 16. But her life as a teenager is over. And she needs to step up to the plate and accept responsibility for the life she created. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind watching her baby while she is in school. But other than that it is her job to raise her daughter. And yes that does mean feedings at 2 or 3 a.m. when you have finals the next day, or sleepless nights with a sick child, or even missing out on things because no one can watch your child. That is the life of a parent. And you should have thought of that when you made the decision to keep the child.

Since I am suffering from a horrible case of PMS this week, I have to be careful with my words when we speak to my niece this evening. I am so sorry to admit but, I really have no sympathy for teenage mothers. Sure people cry about how hard they have it. Horse Puckey!!!! What is so difficult about living in your parents house with free child care, only have to go to school, no bills to pay, no real responsibility at all. Come cry to me when you have a job, are paying your own bills, and raising your children, then and only then will I feel sorry for you!

Remember, Take a few minutes out to do something nice for YOURSELF!!!

2 comments:

RIMM said...

nice looking good content and please visit http://stockdummy.blogspot.com and give your feedback.

Salamat said...

yes, don't forget to pamper yourself too!
have a nice day:)