Thursday, April 24, 2008

On Strike.... Part 2

O.k. so being on strike didn't quite work like I planned. The children decided to try and rebel against he strike by not doing their daily work. But, my husband joined the strike along with me. When we returned from work last night to find the house a literal disaster area, and the children refusing to clean, it was time to step up the fight.

All my husband had to say was "take it all", and I knew he was unified with me. Now for those that don't already know, " take it all" means no t.v, no vcr or dvd player, no video games no telephone, no computer and no radio. Just work and four walls to stare at. For those of you with teenagers, this is the worst punishment of all. And in my house it is so easy for me to follow through with this. I don't play when it comes to this punishment. I have been known to remove all of the following items and lock them in my room. Keyboards, mouse, speakers, all conecting cables for dvd and vcrs, telephones, all cards required for satellite tv converter boxes, and all other unpluggable entertainment devices. Now, I am sure some of you are saying that this is a harsh punishment, but this is what you call an attention getter. Nothing gets the attention of todays overspoiled children like taking all of their favorite things away. And it gets quick results. Meaning, when I returned from work today, the house was clean and the children looked like pathetic, whipped children. And I didn't have to raise a hand, or even raise my voice in yelling.

Now the only other reason this has worked so well, is that from day one we were up front and honest, and told the children that these things would happen without even blinking an eye. And so far has worked well to get the results that we want. If you don't believe me try it for yourself. But a word of caution, if you don't get immediate results you can not back down. Stay staunch in your resolve and stay strong, and be patient, for you will get the desired result.

3 comments:

earthlingorgeous said...

well it's good to hear your hubby backs you up in this one and doesn't take the side of the children. It's hard to do punishments alone with no adult behind you. If they are my children too I would do the same.

I applaud you for your discipline tactics and your strenght to pull through. :)

Nadine said...

So very true. Its great that you both agree on it and follow through. A pain in the butt, but a necessary evil.

Alexandra said...

You go mama! Glad you had backup!!