Monday, March 10, 2008

What A Way To Start Your Day!

Good morning. It's now 8 a.m. and I was once again woke up all too early. The children missed the bus to school this morning. So it was a heated debate between my husband and I of, I took them last time it's your turn. To which he responded, oh, please take them I am so tired. Aaagh, So once again today I get to walk around in a sleep deprived haze, while my husband sleeps peacefully. One of these daysI will actually be able to get more than 2 to 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep. But in the meantime, I will patiently await my turn while surviving on a ton of caffeine.

I imagine, a lot of people are wondering why I do not get up at 5 a.m., to get my wonderful children off to school with a kiss on the cheek and a hot meal in their tummies. Why? Because I am not June Cleaver. I don't portray myself to be something I am not. I need my sleep. Reason being is, I don't get home from work until after 11 p.m. And like most humans I can not go straight to bed and fall fast asleep in a heartbeat. I need time to unwind. And in my house that means washing laundry, cooking and cleaning and fixing a late night snack for my husband. So, I usually don't get to bed until after 2 a.m. And that my friends is why I don't get up at 5 a.m.

But, on the bright side, there is no school tomorrow. All of the kids will be home, so I hopefully get more than 2 hours of sleep. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

amy said...

I feel for you. I have to be at work at 6:45am and usually get up at 5am. I get mandated to work evening shift and sometimes don't get off til 10 or 11pm. Then I have the 4 yr old on top of that. So I definitely feel for you.