Monday, March 31, 2008

Thank Heaven For Vacations

Oh thank heaven for vacations. They seem to be far and in between, but one is finally here for me. I have been working so hard lately, between my job, the house, the kids, and my blog. I have no free time for me. Well for the next 3 days I might be able to find some time. That's right folks.....It's vacation time. Sure it's only 5 days, and I am not going anywhere. But it's still five days that I don't have to go to my regular job. What joy!

I have been looking into taking a trip in 6 months to Portland Oregon. I have decided that I would like to try my hand at walking a marathon. Now call me crazy if you like, but I think it might actually be fun. I think I have convinced my husband to take the trip with me, even though he refuses to do the marathon with me. But that's fine with me. If we can steal some time away from the kids to be alone it would be a great trip no matter what we are doing. Walking the marathon shouldn't be too big a deal for me. I walk at least 7 to 8 miles a day on my job anyways. I know I would have to train for it, which means I might actually lose some weight also. And I would have some time alone. Bonus points for me. Now with that said, I guess I will be looking for helpful hints from anyone that has ever walked a marathon before. Just drop me an email and give me all the hints you can. Till tomorrow, Good night!!!

No comments: