Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Oh What a Fun Day!!!

I am so happy to have a new baby in my house. I have forgotten what it is like to hear a baby cry at 6 a.m. And how wonderful it is to gag at the smell of a poopy diaper. Or even what a joy it is to have a baby throw up on a clean uniform.

Well this morning I was reminded why I do not want anymore children. My day started off as usual. My niece brought the baby into my room at 6 a.m. and left the room. And of course the baby promptly started to cry. So, I had to get out of my nice warm, cozy bed and stumble down the hallway to the kitchen for a bottle, warm the bottle, and stumble back down the hallway to a now screaming baby. I picked her up, laid her on my bed, and inserted the bottle into her mouth hoping to quiet the screams. Which of course it did not. And as all parents know, you go to the next logical thing......the diaper. While still half asleep I prepared to change the baby. And much to my noses suprise, it was not just a wet diaper. At which I promptly started to gag. After many baby wipes and wretching my dinner from last night, I hoped that this would quiet the howling baby. But, once again, to no avail the crying continued. Now it's on to holding the baby on my chest, and once again no luck. So at 8 a.m. I resorted to my last resort.....Wake my husband from his ever so sweet slumber. I seem to remember mumbling something about "It's your turn now", as I stormed out of the room to lay on the living room couch for a half hour. I seem to remember a very puzzled look on my husbands face as I left the room.

As we prepared to leave for work I was still stumbling along. So, with one foot still firmly planted in dream land and the other in the world of the well rested. I longed all day long for just a short nap, but that is not happening. And now it's the end of my work day at my job. But I still have to go home and fulfill my parental duties. Somedays I swear I am living someone else's life. And I hope that this is all just a bad dream and I will wake to find I lead a normal life with three kids, a wonderful husband, a great career, and a perfect life........Ya Right!! Keep on dreaming girlfriend.

2 comments:

SFolega said...

Haha, love this post had me giggling this morning!

I only have 1 baby and she keeps me busy enough! :D

Great post! Hope to read more like this :D

SFolega said...

Forgot to add, just as I was reading about the smelly nappys/diapers, my daughter is going very red in the face making nice grunting noises!

What a joy!