Tuesday, March 18, 2008


I am a sucker for pictures of sunsets and sunrises. The vibrant colors almost look like God took a paint brush, and dipped it into a bucket of paint, and just wiped it across the sky.

I was on a trip away from home a few years ago. I had drove 3 hours north to visit my oldest son at a boy scout camp. I spent a wonderful night with him, and slept at the camp. The next day we spent a lazy day, floating down the river in a canoe. And laughing as the sky opened up a deluge of rain on us, and then suddenly stopped. Just in time to accidentally take a dip in the river when we tipped the canoe over. We laughed and had a great time. I hated to go home. My husband was traveling with his job at the time, and I was at home alone with 2 children under the age of 5. I was working full time at my job, and then taking care of my kids and my home. I was slowly losing my mind. And this trip was just what I needed to recharge my batteries. So, I left my children with grandma, loaded up my truck and hit the road. I was at peace, and very relaxed. So needless to say I really did not want to go home. And as I started the drive home, I looked to the west, and caught a glimpse of the setting sun. And I thought it was just so beautiful. I couldn't resist stopping and capturing this photo. And every now and then, when I need to recharge, I pull up my favorite pictures and remember what sanity feels like.

Good night to all.

No comments: