Saturday, March 8, 2008

AAHHH Sweet Saturday

What a beautiful day. It's 8:30 in the morning, I am the only one awake. The quiet in the house is broken only, by the sound of my husband snoring loudly next to me. As I look out my bedroom window I can see very large snowflakes falling. It's a perfect day to stay in bed all day and veg out in front of the tv. But, alas, there is the never ending laundry pile to tackle, meals to cook for today and tomorrow, and errands to run. So it's off to work I go.

Yesterday I had he most frustrating argument with my nephew. He is 14, and obsessed with wearing his pants around his knees so his rearend shows. I am constantly reminding him to pull his pants up. I am only forty, but there are some things I am set in my ways about. And one of those things is that clothing should be fitted in a manner so that your rear end isn't hanging out. And yes this rule does apply to girls also. Well, I reminded him for the millionth time last night, to pull his pants up. Only to be told he shouldn't have to because it's a fashion statement. Correct me if I am wrong, but a fashion statement is a cutting edge haircut, or a stylish clothing article. NOT, showing your posterior to the world. So, I get the feeling that for the next 4 or five years I will be reminding him all day to pull up his pants.

On the lighter side, my husband and I are planning on a very quiet evening tonight. A bottle of sparkling apple juice, (neither of us drinks), a video and a soothing massage for the both of us. I can't wait. I have been needing a rubdown for some time now. I can't think of a better way to end my day.

2 comments:

TroubleX2 said...

I hate the "saggy baggy" style! Luckily, my 15 yr old isn't too bad about it. He definitely doesn't let his pants drop past his butt. His dad would hang him by his belt loops. LOL! Love your blog!

Kookaburra said...

Just found your blog via Link Referral and I wanted to say Hi!

OMG I can't stand the whole sagging pants thing. I agree with you, that is totally not a fashion statement. It's hideous and somewhat disrespectful of others... I mean, really, who wants to see your undies... or even worse, your butt???